These Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of the websites provided to the Unite! alliance by the aUPaEU project, which has received funding from the Horizon Europe Framework Programme under Grant Agreement No 101095314 , accessible at the following URLs, and named as "Website" within this Terms and Conditions text:
These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Websites. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
In these Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party's rights. UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
publishing any Website material in any other media;
selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of SPAIN, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in SPAIN for the resolution of any disputes.
Exercising Your Rights as a user under European Data Protection Regulations
Your rights as a user are regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union (EU). The GDPR grants individuals various rights concerning the processing of their personal data by organizations.
As a user of our services, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You can request information about the personal data we hold about you, including the purposes of processing, the categories of data, and any third parties involved.
- Right to Rectification: If you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request corrections.
- Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten): You can request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under specific conditions, for instance, if you contest the accuracy of the data.
- Right to Data Portability: You can request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or you can ask us to transmit it to another data controller where technically feasible.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing purposes or for reasons related to your particular situation.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, unless certain conditions are met.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: If you believe that your data protection rights have been violated, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the Data Protection Authority in your country.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by using our contact form on any of the websites mentioned in the Introduction section of these Terms and Conditions. To ensure that we can process your request efficiently, please provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and specify the right(s) you wish to exercise.
We take data protection seriously and will respond to your requests in accordance with the applicable data protection laws within 30 days of receiving your request.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your data protection rights or our data processing practices, please do not hesitate to contact us.